Your privacy and data protection is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our contacts, website visitors and grantees; this privacy statement sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We want you to know what data we hold and why; how to access, change and remove your data on request; and how to contact us if you need to – via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data Collection
The Blagrave Trust may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
* information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering your interest in a grant from us;
* Information gathered about you in the course of a grant application;
* Information necessary for the management of a grant to you;
* Web browser cookies;
* Other information that you choose to send to us.
Conditions for processing
Processing of personal data is necessary:
* because you asked us to process your data (when you expressed an interest in applying for a grant);
* to process and manage any grant agreement that you may have entered into;
* for us to pursue our legitimate interests in grant making and grant management. We will always have regard to an individual’s rights when making these judgements.
Using Personal Data
If you have applied for, or hold a grant with us, we will use the information you give us during assessment and during the life of your grant (if awarded) to administer and analyse grants and for our own research purposes.
We may give copies of all or some of this information to individuals and organisations we consult when assessing applications, administering the programme, monitoring grants and evaluating funding processes and impacts. These organisations may include accountants, external evaluators, other funders and other organisations or groups involved in delivering the project.
We may share information with organisations and individuals with a legitimate interest in our applications and grants or specific funding programmes.
We might use the data you provide for research purposes. We recognise the need to maintain the confidentiality of vulnerable groups and their details will not be made public in any way, except as required by law.
We may also use your personal data to:
* enable your use of the services available on the website;
* send you general communications relevant to grants and grant making;
* deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website or your relationship with us.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Blagrave Trust will store all the personal data you provide on our secure cloud based database, Salesforce. This information is protected using both server authentication and data encryption. See Salesforce security statement for more information.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, Trustees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement. We reserve the right to pass information passed to us by applicants to other Trusts and Foundations where they have a legitimate interest in the application or grant. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
* to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
* in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
* in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
* to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
When do we stop using your information?
We keep your information while we need it for the fund’s purposes or until you request removal.
Generally we review our databases every 6-12 months to remove expired data.
Some information is required to be kept for longer, such as financial records.
The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Blagrave Trust. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. The Blagrave Trust provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We may ask for appropriate evidence of your identity before doing this.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for general communications by email at any time to email@example.com.
What happens if something goes wrong?
We keep up-to-date with the process to be followed if a breach occurs (including reporting and rectifying).
If you are unhappy about our handling of your data we will do our best to improve the matter for you.
You have the option, if our actions seem insufficient, to contact: The Information Commissioner’s Office, online at ICO.org.uk or tel 0303 123 1113
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a cookie?
It is a small text file that is placed on your computer to improve your experience on a website (e.g. to prevent repeated information when you have visited a website before). Cookies come both directly from a website and also from some Third Parties, such as plug-ins which enhance a website’s functions.
What cookies do we use?
We do a regular (usually quarterly) review of the cookies using our website to keep track, reduce or remove them as appropriate. You are welcome to ask email@example.com for a list of current cookies.
How can you manage cookies?
You can control cookies in a number of ways. Information on how to do this is available at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. If you have a question about cookies from our website you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our best to answer your question within 10 working days.
You will also find useful information about cookies at: